Thursday, December 16, 2004

Given to fly

Wow. I survived.

I actually manged to keep it together long enough to pass the test today. Engine systems were brutal. When you are trying to remember information like "The pilots input the TLA, which commands the PLA to input to the MEC. When N2 reaches 92.5% (part power), the CDT should be...blah blah blah!" Believe it or not, that now makes sense. I guess I did retain some of it. The toughest part was trying to remember a full page of accronyms, which half of them sound the same, plus engine stations, which have different sensors located at them, and how this all equates to each other.

Needless to say, after I found out I passed (80%), every once of energy just drained away. I went to the gym afterwards, and found it very hard to do much without just giving up. I actually managed to finish my routine, but I know that I will be asleep really early tonight!

Hopefully the next week will be a bit tamer. My brain could use a break. Our instructor told us that this is almost the toughest level of course you can take in the world of aviation, short of working on a specific system for weeks on end. But, in the end, this will look very good on a resume, and I will have the privelage of being able to sign out an 737-200/-300/-400/-500 as being airworthy...and that is a very big thing. Will even get a raise out of this too!

Just need to survive another 5 weeks of school...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home