Friday, November 11, 2005

They're all reved up and ready to go

I didn't go into Manhattan with Dave and Nic today, taking a much needed rest. Andy is busy teaching students how to remove stuff from samples (I really have know idea what he is doing), and I have just finished writing my 20 postcards.

The real reason that I am not running around is that Andy and I are pulling an all- nighter tonight. Pale Horse is playing the lounge at CBGB's, and it will probably be my only chance to see the famous club before it closes forever. (Actually, after reading the CBGB website, it looks like although their lease is up, and they are fighting to stay open. I sure hope they are successful!) Lot's of famous bands have had their start at CBGB. Ever heard of The Ramones? How about Blondie? Maybe even the Talking Heads? Thought so.

So, Andy claims that we should be back by 5AM. That might give me a few hours sleep before heading into Manhattan, only to head over to Long Island and JFK Airport to fly home. It's going to be a couple of long days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home