Sunday, December 19, 2004

Inclined to borrow someones dreams till tomorrow

I don't normally watch TV, but since I have cable at the place that I am house sitting, and I was trying to scan photos (due to the resolution, it takes a few minutes per picture), I have had it on in the background all day.

After realizing that I had lost a lot my work today, I went and watch one of these extreme home reovation shows. They did an amazing job of it, and the best part is, the did it specially for a young girl that has a very rare allergy.

The Sun.

She can't be in sunlight as it will pretty much cook her skin right off of her. So, these reno people changed all the windows so that they completely filter UV light, so that the young lady can actually be in all parts of the house during the day, instead of locking herself in her room. They also did a few other things, like big UV proof tarps over the swimming pool, and some areas of the sun deck so that she can go outside without gloves, big hats, and other protective clothing. It was amazing.

Which brings me to two things. The first, it is nice to see people doing wonderful things for other people. With all the pain, suffering and strife that the news media portray, the world needs a dose of love and happiness once in a while. The second is, be thankful for what you have. Don't look down on people because they are in a chair, or are missing an arm or have a speech impediment or are allergic to the sun. That could be you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home