Sunday, April 15, 2007

Polysorbate 60

Ever wonder what is in a Twinkie?

We all have heard the urban legends, that Twinkie's have a half-life, not a shelf life and that they could survive a nuclear war so that the cockroaches have something to eat.

In a way, you are right. Twinkie's aren't really food per say, more a chemical mix of stuff mined out of the ground, petroleum and coal tar. Sounds yummy, doesn't it? And it isn't just Twinkie's that have this crap in it, a lot of North American foods are made with it too. It is no wonder I lost so much weight in Southern France last summer, they don't use a lot of crap in their food. It is just that, food.

So, do you want to know more? Click on the title from this blog entry and be transported to a web page belonging to the Toronto Star telling you all about the little golden hunk of "cake".


On a different note, I am off to NYC tomorrow to hang out with Andy and take a lot of photos. I am hoping that my torn leg muscle doesn't do me in and force me to sit at Andy's for a week playing video games or something. I have already come up with a couple of things to do that don't require much walking. I also figure that me photo's will be from me sitting in one place and watching the world go by instead of me going looking for interesting things. This is not something that I am good at doing, sitting still. But, I have no choice right now.

Andy has also informed me that I will be rocking out a fair bit as well. I get to see his band play twice, but also most likely will be seeing the Tragically Hip play a small venue! Just no dancing for me.

I am going to be trying something different and new too. I am getting myself a 10-20mm wide angle lens for my camera today. I figure that NYC not only looks good in grey scale, but good in wide angle as well. I hope they turn out well.

Anyway, gotta go and do laundry, pack, etc. and get over to the parents place where I will be staying tonight so that it will be easier to get to the airport. I will be trying to keep this up to date while I am traveling, Andy has internet, and hopefully I will be able to upload my photos to Flickr as I go. If not, then I guess that there will be a lot of uploading when I get home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home