Saturday, March 17, 2007

Looking for a place to happen

Coming home from a walk today out in the rain, I wandered up to the front door of my building, sheltered under the hood of my jacket. Usually I am pretty observant, but today I missed a big one. The manager of my building was in a fluster, and pointed out the car parked through our hedge. Ummm, ya, guess I missed that.

Seems that a couple of elderly gentlemen were trying to back out of the fire lane between the two buildings of our complex, missed the turn in the road and drove down the front lawn and through the hedge. Then, they couldn't even get out of the car, since they were wedged between two trees!

So, the firefighters showed up, determined that everyone was okay and figured out what we already knew, they couldn't get out. By then the police had arrived, and everyone was having a good laugh, except the guys stuck in the car.

I am guessing that they got a tow truck to pull them out, since I just went and looked and the car is gone. I posted some photos over on Flickr for your amusement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home