Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Oh by the way, which one's Pink?

SNOW????????

WTF? I thought this was Vancouver, lotus land, home of rain and mild winters? What is this white stuff doing back here again?

We had about 8 inches out here in the Ford, only 2 or so in Vancouver proper. The Wack got even more than us in the Ford! This global warming things is a bit confused around here.

I'm exhausted, I have been doing my OFA2 (Occupational First Aid) course this week, and being that it is very physically and mentally draining, I am lucky if I make it to 8PM before collapsing into bed. Last night I even fell asleep fully clothed!

The course has been challenging, not that I don't know what to do, but more that the instructor's teaching style is very confusing for me (and others) because we have been doing it for a long time and are used to doing things certain ways. There have been changes to procedures, but not enough to cause as much grief as what we are feeling. I have talked to the instructor about her teaching, and because she thinks that others are learning from her way, she won't change. Great, I suffer.

The biggest problem is that she likes to use pnumonics (letters that make familiar words to help remember things). I don't learn this way, and am very confused when she uses one of these pnumonics, and not the real steps. For example, she uses the pnumonic "CLASS", and even after a few days, I still don't have a clue what it means. It is probably important, but I haven't a clue.

I just hope I do well on the test even after all this confusion. I am going to try and practice a bit with some of my co-workers tonight to try and figure a few of these out.

I have also applied for a posting at YVR with my company, which if I get it means that I will probably be moving back out towards YVR so that I don't have to drive so much. This also means that I will probably be buying a place out that direction. Richmond, Ladner or something. It will be nice to be close to all my family and friends again (other than Bonnie, she is going to be upset). We will have to see, the posting closes tomorrow, and I am sure that I will have an interview next week.

Fingers crossed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home