Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thunder in the Earth, the course of Heaven

Holy crap did we ever get a lot of snow! The official amount was about 44cm (about 17 inches) out here in Abbotsford. The roads are still a mess, and the highway is all packed snow and ice. Now the wind has picked up again and the snow is blowing into big drifts.

I love it!!!

I went out walking before work today, and it was fun watching the wind blow the snow around. It was nice and quiet too, with the snow acting as a sound dampner, and less cars than usual on the roads. I took some photos and have them on Flickr.

Not many people showed up to work today, there was only about 20 of us there this afternoon. Over 80 people had called in saying they wouldn't be there because of the snow. And we were supposed to go out and do a high power run on a plane, but the taxiway was so icy, that we decided that it would be safer if we didn't. I could just imagine seeing a 737 sliding down the taxiway with the brakes locked!

The weatherman is saying that we are supposed to be cold for a few more days, with more snow on Thursday. I say bring it on! I love this white stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home