Sunday, October 15, 2006

A ragged band that followed in our footsteps

Oh.

My.

Gawd.

Google Earth has finally updated the satellite photos over the Fraser Valley. I can finally see my house!!

Actually, I have also downloaded the newest version of Google Earth, and it is decidedly better than the older version that I had. Better 3D drawing of mountains (still not perfect, Divide Lake in the Yukon was plastered to the side of a mountain), and I like the controls a bit better, that was after I found them of course.

I have also been using GE to find Geocaches. Once you have logged onto Geocaching.com, and you go to your accounts page there is a link to download the plug in that will show the caches on GE. Pretty spiffy!

Speaking of Geocaching, I have spent all week in the sun chasing caches around the Lower Mainland. Did pretty good to, probably found about 9 or 10 caches, dropped of one Travelbug that I had picked up in Denmark, found and left another Travelbug, and got some good photos out in Ladner. Hoping that the rain dies down and I will be able to go and find on elusive cache that I have been working on for ages.

If you own a GPS, go Geocaching! You can thank me later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home