Thursday, September 28, 2006

From morning to night I stayed out of sight

I am back in Denmark, back with Hans, Megan and Scott. It was a long day of waiting for my flight, getting screwed by EasyJet, and followed by a very quick flight to Copenhagen.

I have found out how EasyJet manages to keep fares down. It is not from using cheaper airplanes (actually was impressed with the plane I was on, really nice shape), or by using secondary airports, which is another good idea, but it is by charging the shit out of you for every little thing that you want extra. They state that you get an allowance of one hold bag, at 20kg. So I paid the extra 7.50Euros for the extra bag which is cheaper than the 15 Euros at the airport, but that wasn't enough. When I got to the airport, I find out that the payment for the second bag wasn't enough, they wanted money for the extra weight. The way the wording is on the website (I have checked again) it makes you think that when you pay for a second bag, you get another 20kilos. No no silly, you only get 20 kilos, they charge the shit out of you for the extra weight, at 7.50 Euro a kilo. So, in the end I might as well have bought another ticket, since it cost me another 75 Euros to get my bag on the plane. They have you over a barrel when you get to the airport. Seems like a bit of a scam to me. (I expect some lawyer from Easyjet to send me an email asking me to remove the company name, but if they are a good company, maybe they will take the critisism n stride)

Sigh, enough bitching. I had a nice dinner with Hans at a local pizza place, and now I am waiting to see Megan when she gets home. I get to meet up with her tomorrow for lunch, then we could maybe plan some things to do over the weekend, and something for me to do next week.

Wow, only about a week till I head to Frankfurt for my flight home. It is getting exciting, thinking about being able to order dinner in my native language, answering questions in English, and just not travelling. I am tired of living out of a bag, not having all the things that I am used to having at my home.

I am also looking forward to seeing people that I miss. I am very happy to have had a chance to see my friends over here in Europe. A week with Leanne and Alex and the kids, and now with Megan and Hans and Scott. It has been a good trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home