Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sitting on a unicorn

Another day of being worn out from walking. I spent the day wandering around Geneva, taking photos, and feeling very under dressed compared to the business men and bankers in their expensive suits. Geneva is a beautiful city, with lots of walking areas, old history, and of course, the Lake. I found some beautiful fountains as well. It is funny, it has been 15 years since I was last in Geneva, yet it hasn't really changed from what I remember. I even found a really amazing fountain that I have one photo of from 15 years ago, that isn't a very good photo. Fifteen years of practice, and a much better camera, and the photos have become amazing. Go to my Flickr page and check them out.

I am sitting here now, tired from all the walking yesterday, planning the next couple of days. Alex (Leanne's husband) has suggested that I go to Annecy in the French Alps. He grew up there, and from the books and website photos, he is absolutely correct. Good thing that I have a spare flash card and battery form my camera!

I need to figure out what else to do while here. Leanne doesn't get home from India until Saturday, and I leave on Monday, so I need to find stuff to do in the mean time. Today, I will go into Geneva in a bit and take a boat ride around the lake, a nice easy day after all the walking yesterday. I just hope the haze clears a bit, it will make the photos less appealing otherwise.

And soon I will be home, I am actually getting eager to be back in Vancouver, traveling this long is tiring, and I need a week of sleep to recover.


Okay, I didn't make it into Geneva, I ended up playing with the kids all day. And having a nap. I think I really needed the nap part, and the kids were a blast all day. I love kids, and these two are really special, but I still don't want my own. These ones I get to give back later.

Tomorrow I get the car to go to Annecy, where I can take a million photos of the place, and try and not make the same photos as the other 10,000 on Flickr. I am sure that I will take many of the same shots, but at least I will know they are mine.

Friday Alex is having a dinner party in the evening, and then Saturday Leanne comes home, so the kids will be very happy to see their Mom. Then Monday, off to Berlin!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No unicorns in the blog posting? I thought maybe you found a merry-go-round or something.

Looking forward to seeing you when you get back.

-IR

5:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home