Sunday, August 06, 2006

In the pipeline, filling in time

Another crazy day at work, dayshift style.

Yesterday, we had Charlie, one of the pilots snag a bunch of stuff that wasn't really an issue, but that is the way he is. I am sure that he is scared to fly, but he is close to retirement now, and I think that he is trying to keep himself alive until then. Today, it was a tire. The tire was installed last night, after being removed a few days ago. The pilots think that it is bad, but everything that us mechanics know says that it is good. So, small fight later, and I am out there changing a tire in a big hurry because the plane has to fly. I think that I impressed the chief pilot since I did the change in about half an hour, not to shabby at all! The plane left on time, and the pilots were happy. Just another day on the line for me.

Coca-cola Blak...don't do it, it tastes like ass.

A big congratulation to Bella and her Boy, no wait, Fiance. I expect an invite soon, so that I can make planes in case I come back to France again next year. =)

And another big congratulation to Maria and Alex on birth of Charles, (or Lump v2.0 as Alex calls him). He looks like he is gonna be a big boy when he gets older!

I am going to be working a bit of extra shifts the next little while as Colin is heading back to Vancouver to finish packing, and to get his daughter and dog to bring them back here. So, not much time for exploring! I am just hoping that I won't get too burned out, there is one stretch that I am working 4 night shifts then coming back to work in about 5 hours. Adam will start the shift for me, but I am hoping for quiet days to get a bit of rest.

The weather has changed here too, no more 40C+ days, now closer to 30C in the day, and 18C at night. But the big change is the wind. The Mistral has finally shown up, and that brings fires! For those not familiar with the Mistral, it is a wind that blows from the north, at speeds up to 16km/h! Some days, it is hard to stand still on the ramp, as the wind wants to blow you over!

I don't know if I will be able to get out to do any touring the next while, being that I will be working extra, but I hope to go on at least one more tour before the end of August. I was hoping to sneak off to Wales to visit my long lost friend Kristen, but that is looking less likely until September.

As for when I am coming home, we really don't have a clue. Fires are really burning now, and I am here until they stop. Then, some time off, then I come home. I also have found out that all my overtime that I have stored up must be used before I get back to the hanger, so I might get even more time off when I get home! =)

That's about it for today, nothing else to add.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home