Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A restless eye across a weary room

Rain rain go away, I want to go in the pool. Actually, it isn't the rain that I am worrying about, after all, you would get wet in the rain or the pool either way. It is the rather active lightning storm that seems to rage about 3PM every afternoon of the past week or so. So, probably no pool again tonight.

I just had a phone call from Gus, he tracked me down to the lobby where I am using the internet. He thought that he had tomorrow off work, but it looks like the schedule changed (or he mis-read it) and he had planned to go to Italy with friends that are in town. He has motorcycles rented, and rooms booked, and he was a little freaked out that I wouldn't be able to work for him! Good thing that I hadn't made plans yet for tomorrow. He owes me big time now.

I just booked my flight to Denmark for Megan and Hans' party, I tired last night to book it, but the internet went down when I was in the middle of it and now the price has gone up by $100 CDN. Some times the internet here really pisses me off. Some days, it works great, other days, like yesterday (and today, come to think of it), it goes down every five minutes. I can't understand why they have so much trouble with it? They probably need a new router as it seems that the router is causing the problems, and has been I am told for about 7 months now.

I have found a pamphlet in the hotel lobby that is for tours around Provence in a little bus with English speaking guides. I know that is not the best way to learn French, but at least this way I can actually understand the history, instead of trying to translate everything in my head. Constant translation is tiring when you are struggling to learn the language. I don't have a very good grip on it as of yet, but I am getting better.

Distracted again...

So, the bus tours are for a few hours in the day, and take you to vineyards, castles, chateau's, little towns in the hills, historical places, etc. Perfect for a tourist like me. I wish I had known about this a bit sooner, as they have a Lavender tour, but most of the fields now are no longer in bloom. Maybe next year if I come back, I will be able to see the fields in bloom and take a million or so photos.

I will have to explore their website a bit, to learn a bit more about what I get to see, and then book a trip or two. That is if I can stop working for Gus all the time. Hehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home