Monday, July 10, 2006

Swaying in the ripples and the reeds

So I am sitting here in the hotel lobby, when in walks Colin and Chris (Chris is our stores guy). I say hi,and Colin hands me my official work permit. So, finally, I am allowed to be working here (I was sort of allowed, but didn't have the paper). Now as long as I don't put this one through the wash like I did the photo copy, I will be okay. =)

I got to sleep in my new room last night, and I am very happy to say that the bed is so much more comfortable. I still didn't sleep well though, there was some drunk guy on one of the balconies last night playing opera loudly for half the night with the occasional sing-a-long. I think I fell asleep around 4:30AM.

Today is the my first day off of my weekend, but I have to work tomorrow for Gus so that he can go to Montreal to figure out some paperwork so that he can stay here. So, no big trips this time, maybe I will find something to do, like a walk into Aix for lunch or something. My next week of work will be day shift, so I can foresee a lot of sitting around waiting for the planes to either fly or come back. We are not allowed to do much while the planes are on alert, other than fuel the planes and maybe was the retardant off the empenage and belly.

Colin asked me if I would like to go for a bike ride tonight, since Adams wife arrived today, and I think that Adam won't be going anywhere for a few days. There is a dam nearby that I would like to try and ride to, but I think that Colin would like to stick to his usual route. We will have to see.

Oh ya, almost forgot...

France lost last night, it was a very sad time for the French that I know. Some very unhappy people here, their faces looked so down, like they had just had their entire family buried in a landslide. The atmosphere here in France has been positively electricgrowing dayly as they progressed through the tournament, and coming so close to World cup victory, it was almost explosive. Even I am feeling a bit down from it, and I wasn't even cheering for the French team. Maybe in four years in South Africa, the French will come back and win again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home