Monday, September 18, 2006

Distant bells

The minutes are counting down till I jump on the TGV and leave Aix-en-Provence. My bags are packed, the room has been checked a dozen times, and I am about to hand in my key.

First stop will be Geneva, actually St. Julien en Geneve just on the French side of the border to stay with Leanne and Alex, well, mostly Alex as Leanne is in India for a few days. From there I will do some day trips and maybe an over night trip to Paris, since Paris is pretty much booked for the week I wanted to be there.

And I will be able to see Margaux and Adrian, the youngsters that call Alex and Leanne Mom and Dad. They are sweet kids, and I love to play with them.

It is a nice feeling knowing that the end of this trip is near, I miss home, and family and friends. It has been a fun and busy summer, with long days at work, but chances to see things that I probably wouldn't have otherwise. Three more weeks to quickly see a few more things, see friends here one more time then on a plane back to Vancouver. For those who actually care, I will be home on October 7th about 14h10. Come say hi to me when I get there! (some of you live close enough that you shouldn't have any excuses!)

See you all soon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home