Sunday, September 03, 2006

Now there's a look in your eyes

Sunday night, and I am back at work.

It has been a very long week, over 80 hours logged at work, with one 18.5 hour day to make things interesting. Tonight will be the last night with the propeller guys here, so that means that I can have tomorrow off, before going back again to three day shifts. It will be nice to have the day shifts, some time to rest.

On Friday, I jump on a plane and head for Denmark to see Megan and Hans. I would say that I am excited, but in reality, I am too tired to feel anything more than sleepy. It will be a good time I am sure, three nights to visit and have fun. I will be going back to see them after I am finished work here in France, then I can visit for a bit longer, with less people around.

I also have been told that I will probably be done as of October 15th, so that means a little more than a month to go. It will be nice to have a few weeks off, then back home to see the family and friends that I miss so much. As much as I like being here, it is a bit hard to be alone. I am really thankful for the internet on this trip, it is so nice to be able to chat with people through email, instant message and using VOIP software. Keeps the loneliness to a minimum.

So the home stretch is in sight, I will survive and will make it home again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home