Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Leaving all and changing sides

It is about 19h16 and I am about to go out again to take more photos of Berlin. I had a busy day today, saw the Tiergarten, Siegessaule, the Kaiser-Wilhem Gedachtniskircher, Brandenburg Gate, and the Bundestag (although not in that order). I plan on trying to get a few night shots of the city, in particular the Brandenburg Gate, and the Bundestag.

Berlin is an amazingly beautiful city, with so much history to it. So much that we in North America just aren't taught about. (another good reason to explore the world) Just by going to look at a simple monument, you learn a ton of history!

Anyay, just wanted to leave a quick note, hopefully tomorrow I will get a chance to see a few other things, like Checkpoint Charlie, and the Fernsehturm (which was at one time in East Germany and was built to showcase how great the East Germans were, only it was designed by a Swede). I would love to see the Wall, but there are only two placs left and one is now an art exhibition and the other is a ways out of town. I might have to settle for the art exhibition, and not the original piece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home