Sunday, September 24, 2006

On the wall hung a tall mirror

It is my last day in Geneva, I leave for Berlin early on the morning train. Leanne came home from India yesterday, so we actually had some time to visit this time, which is nice compared to the last time. Maybe my next visit, I will actually get to visit with her longer than a day.

It has been nice getting to know Alex, he is a wonderful guy. His job keeps him busy, so we only got to visit late in the evening, but I think that we have become good friends. And the kids, well, I am really going to miss them. Next time that I will see them, they will have grown so much, that I may not be able to pick up Margaux, and Adrian will be able to pick me up! (well, maybe not, I hope to see them sooner than that!)

Berlin will be interesting, last time I was in Europe, it was still difficult to get to, and the two Germany's were still divided. Places that I want to see are the Vandenberg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie, the Holocaust Memorial, and of course, the Wall. I really don't know if I will have time to see it all, three days will go fast, but I am going to try anyway!

On Friday, I find my way to the airport, and get on a EasyJet to Copenhagen, then on to Ringsted to see Megan and Hans again. It looks like Meg has been planning my visit for me, which is good because I wouldn't know what to go see otherwise and she probably knows me well enough to know what I like to do.

Then, my trip is over on October 7th. Back home to my dust bunnies and mountain of mail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home