Monday, November 06, 2006

Blown on the steel breeze

Last day of freedom, work beckons and I will be there tomorrow for my first shift in over 7 weeks. I just hope my tools have arrived from France, otherwise it will be a long day.

Looking back, I haven't completed all that I had set out to do, not that I was completely lazy, just moderately so. I got new work boots, saw tons of friends, got my Christmas shopping done (na-na, I am done and you aren't!), did a bunch of photography, Geo-cached a fair bit, looked into motorcycle lessons (will probably go for them in February or March), looked into a Swiss Passport (Dad will have to get his again first), got the brakes done on my car, and spent too many late nights surfing the net (found Top Gear videos...w00t!) and playing Warcraft.

There were a few things that I should have done, like working on my French lessons, and replacing my windshield, but those aren't the end of the world.

I am kind of looking forward to being back at work, a person needs a bit of structure to their lives, and work helps give them that. On the other side, I really am not looking forward to being back in the barn, after working the ramp all summer.

I also haven't found out if I will be going back to France for Christmas, or if I will be there next year for an 18 month stint. It would be nice to know so that I can plan my life, instead of rushing around all over the place like a chicken with my head cut off. There are lots of things to get done if I go away for 18 months, like finding a place to store my stuff, and selling my car. Those aren't things that take a day or so and I would like to get going on them if it is the case.

It has been good, but all good things must come to an end. Back to the grind.


[Edit] Hehe, just got a call, looks like I am not back to work for another night, they are short one airplane, which means no work. Such a tough life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home