Tuesday, December 05, 2006

As you look around this room

Wow, I am pretty excited. And just so you know, it doesn't take much.

I just passed my 5000th view on Flickr!

Ya, ya, BORING!!! Well, for me it is a milestone. It has been just over a year since I joined Flickr, have uploaded 1756 photos (out of a possible 5000 or so, not including photos taken before joining Flickr), I have a whopping 14 contacts (six of which are just random people) and the top viewed photo has currently 179 views.

I have also managed to snag a showing in a travel guide, had offers to paint some of my Times Square photos and was asked to send in some photos and a story to a fire fighting webzine (never got around to that one). And of course all the nifty comments that I get from strangers too!

The coolest thing though is knowing that my friends and family can see how my life is going, and can explore the things that I do from the comfort of their computer desk. Of course, I would like them to come with me and experience these things with me, but not everyone can run off to France when ever they want.

Hopefully in the next year, I can improve my photo skills, maybe upgrade the camera to improve final image, and maybe even sell some of my shots for calenders or magazines. I would love to make a living at this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home