Monday, January 17, 2005

Occasionally glancing up through the rain

This weather is starting to annoy me. For over two weeks it was nice and cold, some snow, clear blue skies, but wonderfully winter. Then, along comes the crappy ice storm last Saturday, that made the drive home from Metrotown end up as number three of my top ten worst driving experiences. My arms, hands, shoulders and neck were all sore from trying to keep my car on the road for all the drive home. But, I was lucky; I lost track of how many cars I saw off the road, or spun out on the side of the road. I even had a guy in a 4Runner who was tailgating me spin out and smash into the cement median, shoot across the path of a semi truck, and hit another cement median. He was okay, but I think that there was the "I drive a 4x4 so I'm invincible" attitude going on there.

So, then there was the ice on the trees. It was beautiful, the way the light sparkled through the ice, but treacherous, as I was listening to the branches crack, and break all Saturday night, all Sunday, and into Sunday night. At 1:00AM Monday morning, there was the sound of a chainsaw going at some tree. I am guessing that there was a branch down on some power lines or something.

And finally, this morning I woke to heavy, heavy rain. And it still hasn't gone away. Super-sized puddles that eat little cars, and being soaked to the bone if you aren't wearing a good jacket. This is what we are to expect for the rest of the week.

How I long for the snow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home