Monday, January 03, 2005

Ode to the nice guys

I'm a nice guy.

At least that's what I am told. And I know that I'm not the only one. You know who you are, those guys that are polite, will drop all their plans to help you with something, and treat people with respect and encouragement. We're the guys that sit at home on a Friday night because we don't like getting drunk and making an ass out of ourselves just to impress someone. We're the ones that will stop and help someone with a flat tire, instead of splashing them with the puddle next to them. We are the shoulder you cry on.

So, what's wrong with being a nice guy you ask? For the most part, not much. I like being the nice guy, not the assclown. I get respect, and some admiration; smiles from strangers, and the odd compliment.

But, there is the down side. All you nice guys will know it. You get taken for granted, forgotten about; you are the friend, the confidant, but rarely the lover. The nice guy seldom wins.

But we keep going, knowing what we are; plugging along. So, to all those nice guys out there, here is an Ode to you.

Keep it up, you will win in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home