Friday, December 24, 2004

And so this is Christmas...

It's December 24th, I managed to finish making all the gift cards, and have wrapped all the presents, and am now getting ready to go to the Parents house to get stuffed on turkey and pudding. I' m a little disappointed in my Uncle, he won't bring my Grandpa down to be with us. Doesn't surprise me though, my Uncle is a bit of a jerk sometimes. It would have been nice to see Grandpa, since Grandma died this past summer. I think that he would have enjoyed seeing everyone. I can't remember the last year that Grandpa was with us at Christmas.

I was thinking something about the way we stop believing in Santa at some point iin our lives. For most people, I think it is about age ten, when you are starting to think that you know everything. Most people, I think, never believe in Santa ever again. Its a shame, really. I have come to the conclusion, that it never was about the guy in the red suit, but more about what the symbol of the person stands for. The good things, Love, Happiness, Goodness, Joy and Understanding. Lets break this down a bit. First one, Love. Unconditional love. As the story goes, he loves all the boys and girls of the world, without any thought to race, religion or nationality. Everyones equal in Santa's eye. That's a good way to be in the world. Next is Happiness. There are too many unhappy people in this world, but when you see a child, who still believes, because they haven't been taught not to, sit on Santa's knee and tell him all about how good they were, and how much they want that new toy, even the cold-hearts of this world will smile. Goodness. Santa is a giving kind of guy, giving toys to every child, giving his time to sit and have his picture taken with screaming children. Joy. Seeing Santa, always makes me smile. Finally, Understanding. Here is something that we should all be doing. If we were to show a bit of understanding to everyone else in this world, I think that we would be able to do away with silling things like road rage, yelling at the staff at a store, or even maybe the big one, war. Yes, Santa is all that rolled into one bearded guy with a red suit. Yes, I once again, believe in Santa Claus.

Well, time to go eat too much.

Merry Christmas, Peace On Earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home