Monday, August 29, 2005

The seasons changed, the wind is warm

I broke down today.

It's difficult to see the friendly Snap-On driver out in the parking lot every Monday, with out stopping in to say hi. He is a lot nicer than the old grump that used to be our dealer. So, I was nice back. I bought a tool box.

But not just any tool box. A high end tool box. One that will last me the rest of my mechanic days. A tool box with lot's and lot's of space, with a stainless steel top! With casters that won't be worn out with everyday use. Drawer sliders with ball bearings!!!

Okay okay, I sound pathetic, but this is a dream come true! I can't tell you for how long I have wanted a Snap-On tool box. Ever since my Dad brought home his. And really, I am sure that there are things out there that YOU would get all excited over. (camera's, computers, cars...)

So, I am very happy. It should be here in a few days. In the mean time, I will have to start cleaning out my old box, get it ready to take it home. It has been good to me, surviving 6 long years of being dragged around a hanger and an airport. I have some cool stickers on it, some of which hold some fond memories. It will be placed in my storage room, where it will hold my small collection of home tools. I am sure it will be lonely, but I will visit it occasionally.

Yup, I can finally gloat...I have a tool box worth more than my car!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home