Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Dark Side of the Moon

Got off work at midnight after working the "swing" shift, and was walking across the parking lot to my car, when I did what I always do when leaving work at night, I looked up to see if the stars were out.

As I turned to face the west, I caught sight of what has to be the biggest, brightest, and most amazing "shooting star" that I have ever seen! The coma was enormous, and the tail went on forever!! It had to be a piece of space junk de-orbiting to be that brilliant. I could even make out the burn pattern on the coma as it whizzed by! The flames of intense heat could be seen changing as the object burnt up, giving it a flickering brilliance.

The last time that I saw anything that bright re-entering Earth's atmosphere was one of the Shuttles making a re-entry, and it wasn't nearly quite as instense and bright as this ogject was.

It would be interesting to know if it was space junk, or if it was a big hunk of rock, or maybe (conspiracy theorists pay attention)...aliens...

Nah, not likely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home