Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Rock me gently

Ugh.

Why do I feel so crappy. This is the third cold in less than two months. I never get colds like this. Or this many in a row! One of those dry, hacking coughs, that make my little brain feel like it going to pop right out of my forehead every time I start coughing. And not only that, once I get going, I will keep coughing until I have completely depleted all the air from my lungs, and my face is red, and I feel like I am going to pass out. Then, my body will try for just one more, to see if it can kill me.

And drugs don't seem to help. I can't wait to get horizontal in my bed to see if I can still breathe.

Please, shoot me now and put me out of my misery!!!


(Follow-up, 25Jan05, 17:43)
I stayed home from work today, I wouldn't have been much good. I don't think that I had any sleep last night, and my head feels like I have an elephant sitting on it. Not to mention, the coughing. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

But, I have some different drugs, and I hope that they will help. Buckley's DM is even nastier than the regular stuff! Maybe, it will get me better. Who knows.


(Follow-up, 26Jan05, 15:27)
Took today off of work again, but I am feeling a fair bit better. It was another sleepless night, but I stayed in bed for most of the day today to try and get some rest. I still feel like I haven't rested in days, though. The cough is a lot better; not so often and not so debilitating. The head is still a little woozy, but at least I am feeling a little clearer. It doesn't feel as much like my brain wants to pop out when I cough. Still hurts, but not as much. I think that the drugs are finally helping. So, another day of rest, lots of juice and healthy stuff to fight it. Maybe tomorrow I will be up for a day of work. Watch 'n Wait, thanks for the concern, but I have been through this kind of chest cold many times before. I will live.

1 Comments:

Blogger Watch 'n Wait said...

It's one thing to have a cold..it's another to have pneumonia, okay? Get thee to a doctor immediately. If you can't make it by yourself, call for help, and don't fool around about it either. Your engine has a problem that needs taken care of. So go, and report back.

10:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home