Thursday, January 20, 2005

I'm free!

Well, free for now.

I finished my endorsment course today...I can now sign a 737-300/-400/-500 as being airworthy and fit for flight.

Holy.

Shit.

Is that not a scary prospect? Actually, I did very well, and although I didn't find a need to study, I still ended up with a mark in the high nineties. Mind you, two guys tied for 99%, and one guy had 98%. Now, this doesn't mean that the class was easy...not by a long shot. We just had a fantastic class of guys, who already had a lot of 737 experience between the sixteen of us. It was a brutal course, and I felt like my head would explode many, many times, but we all did it. We should all feel proud of ourselves.
Now for the best part...I am back in class in two weeks for the 737-200 differences course. (basically, we look at the differences between the 737-200 and the 737-300/-400/-500's. Actually, there are a lot of differences.) That class should last about a week, then there will be four planes that I can sign for.

Just remember, I'm one of the guys that keep large, flying hunks of metal from falling on your head...

2 Comments:

Blogger Watch 'n Wait said...

Holy shit! And that's an understatement. Congratulations on that one. It definitely makes you a King who will make sure his subjects are secure. Gawd! What a job to take on, given what's riding on your shoulders. What will your job title be? Other than King, that is.

3:17 pm  
Blogger Watch 'n Wait said...

Strange! I posted a comment yesterday here and I see it never showed up. In any case, you'll have a load of responsibility on your shoulders...and I certainly appreciate your taking it on.

3:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home