Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Turn and face the light

I have had a few comments about my post Happiest Days of our lives from the other day. I truly think that some of us would rather go back to a simpler time, away from all this technology, and live like we used to. I also think that all this technology is making people more unhappy and depressed than ever before.

Now, I am a happy person, and I try and keep those around me happy as well, even if it's only for a minute or two. I dress up in silly costumes at Hallowe'en (see photos in the links to the right), I try and tell jokes (usually fail at that one), I smile at strangers and I am willing to listen to anything you need to say to make you feel better.

I have actually had people ask me how I can be some happy all the time. It's actually easier than you think. I just live by a few rules and sayings. Seems silly, but it works. Here are a few that I use regularly.


1) Don't sweat the small stuff.
These two are the most important.
2) EVERYTHING is small.

3) Don't worry, be happy.

4) Smile at a stranger.

5) Give someone a compliment.

6) No matter how dark and drear something is, find a bright side to it.

7) Do something for someone else, without wanting anything in return (volunteer)

8) Work like you don't need the money

9) Dance like no one is watching (if you saw me dance, you know that I follow this rule! Scary scene!)

There are others, but those are the best ones. All in all, keep a light heart, and be happy. Don't let anyone take that away.

(03Feb05, 0047AM)
Just adding one, thanks to one of my favorite readers...

10) If it ain't gonna matter five years from now, to hell with it.

I like that one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Watch 'n Wait said...

Excellent rules! I'd add this one from my dad: "If it ain't gonna matter five years from now, to hell with it." He addressed this to those he named, "Worry warts".

2:58 pm  
Blogger Watch 'n Wait said...

I saw that! :)))

11:15 pm  
Blogger Travelcedric said...

Dang, you caught me!

12:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home