Sunday, August 21, 2005

Basket Case

Here I sit, it's 6:51AM on a Sunday morning, and I haven't been to sleep yet. This is two days in a row. Yesterday morning I finally nodded off around 8:30AM. Insomnia SUCKS!

I can't seem to get my brain to turn off, and when I have been working afternoon shifts, it seems that it is later and later in the night/morning that I get to enjoy sleep.

I actually have a lot on my mind right now. I am wanting to take six months off of work and go and see the world. I want to see Megan and Hans in Denmark, Leanne in France, Janine and Kim and Colin and Angus in Austrlia, Janna, Grant and Kelly in Ottawa, Andy and Liz in New York. I want to see London, Paris, Scotland, Berlin, Prague, and Zurich. All of this is spinning through my poor little head, trying to build an itinerary as soon as I want to sleep.

There is also when in those six months I will be be able to get to see everyone. I will probably not make it to see everyone and everything that I want in that short of a time. But at least I am going to try.

I also have to work out how I am going to convice my employer that they can live without me for the six months. Not always an easy task, when few if any ever get the time off that they request.

So, now I am awake. I guess I won't be sleeping for a while yet. I need to run off into town and cheer Nicola on with her 60km Walk to End Breast Cancer.

At least after that, I know I will be tired and able to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home