Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The moment is at hand

Yowzers!!

Things are getting crazy now, less than a month till I head to France for the summer.

Found out today, that I am being transferred to YVR to work until I leave so that I can get a bunch of line experience. This means that my shift has changed as well, 4 on 4 off. It also means an hour long drive to work. I moved close to work to avoid that. So, looks like I will be staying at the parents place while I am working out at YVR.

I also talked with work about when exactly I leave. It is looking like it will be June 12th that I will be leaving. That will give me time to get there, time to get over the jet lag, and time to find out where and when I will be working.

The best part so far is that I asked to get another week off after I have finished my "tour of duty", and they said yes. So I will be spending an extra week traveling around Europe, and that way I can spend a bit more time visiting with Han's and Meggie.

Now, I just have to get through my Restricted Radio License exam tomorrow, and then I will need to learn a bit of French. I am sure I will pick a lot of it up when I get there, but it helps to have a start before leaving.

Oh, and Andy, happy birthday buddy. You are almost part of the establishment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home