Monday, May 08, 2006

On a wing and a prayer

Saturday afternoon, after the training session, Jim, George (the instructor) and I went to the Museum of Flight at Boeing Field in Seattle to see all the aircraft their. The highlight for me was..well a few planes. The SR-71 was amazing, seeing the prototype for the 737 was neat, and going into the original Airforce One was too cool. The WWII warbirds were also very interesting, and it was the first time that I had seen a P-38 Lightning in real life.

Finished up with the simulator yesterday. Ran through a bunch of engine start problems, a engine fire, and a few function tests. Then, we taxied the aircraft. Well, Jim taxied, I got ill. With full motion on the sim, having the machine jerk and bounce as Jim steered, it became very rough on my poor stomach. I had to ask the instructor to turn the motion off, then I had to get out and catch my breath. Even with that, I was through for the day. So, I missed out on the flight and stall with full motion on. Jim was saying that he was feeling a little queasy too after all of that, but I was ruined. I went back to the hotel and slept for a couple of hours before leaving for home. It looks like I am going to be going back down again on Thursday to finish what I started. That and give another student a hand, since you need two in the trainer at the same time.

Back at work today, it was same old - same old. I was officially asked to go to France for the fire season, and I said yes. I will be probably leaving early June and will be back in October some time. This will definitely be a fantastic experience for me, and I will learn a lot about line maintenance. This will open some huge doors at work for when I get back too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zee french?! They have zee fire now? Oh la la!

-Andy

PS: Grow your online profile...

4:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home