Saturday, April 28, 2007

Leading the blind while I stared out the steel in your eyes

Damn it! I just got yogurt on my laptop.

So, here I sit at JFK, waiting for my flight. I sort of dozed on and off all day, and then ended back at Kathleen's to watch some video's and wait till I had to head to the airport.

The week was a lot tamer than the weekend, Monday and Tuesday I followed Andy around as he did his school work, Wednesday I ended up seeing the Tragically Hip at a small venue (I have photos, they just aren't online yet), Thursday was wander around aimlessly, did some more of Central Park, tried to get the Metropolitan Museum of Art, but it was packed with about 20 buses of kids and I just didn't feel like dealing with that. I ended up on top of the Empire State Building, but the weather wasn't great (really cold up there) and my headache that was small before the elevator was HUGE after the elevator, so I came down, took a pedicab back to Times Square and then went to meet Andy again.

I also got a phone call Thursday from work. They have now decided that they want me back in France. One of the full time guys has quit, and now all of a sudden, they want me. They even have offered to let me go till September 2008. This is a big decision, specially since the package isn't quite as good as what I got last time. And if I were to go till September 2008, there is the chance that I would lose my seniority. That is too much to lose.

So, the last few days have been wrought with thought. I need to talk to work Monday and discuss this a bit. But for now, I have an hour before I fly away back home. I am looking forward to my own bed again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Split the difference, work in the Bahamas.

-Andy

8:14 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Exciting news! Its going to be a pretty tough decision on France... its good that they are thinking of you!

You didn't explain how you got yogurt on your laptop...

9:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home