Saturday, December 03, 2005

And all that you see

I was driving home from the Hell that is known as the shopping mall during Christmas season, when I spotted out over the buildings, the coolest looking crescent Moon. Of course, I didn't have my camera with me, but I was close to home, so I drove a bit quicker than I should have, ran up, grabbed the camera, and run out only to see the Moon ducking behind some clouds. Well, I wasn't going to give up that easily, so I jumped back into the car and drove out to work where I know that there is a good clear view of the sky. The sky got darker, and I sat there waiting for the Moon to peek out again from the clouds, all the time cursing myself for not grabbing the tripod too. Eventually, the Moon came out of hiding, and let me get off a few shots. But, by this time, the light was fading, and it was getting harder to shoot a long exposure without shaking the camera. But, I managed four out of 20 shots that look okay. I also managed a good sunset shot that turned out without too much blurring.

I still need to do some more reading in the manual about my new camera, to learn how to manually operate aperture and shutter speeds. Been using old film SLR's for so long, that I find that this D70s doesn't do things the same as the old Minolta's that I have. For example, the Minolta's are all manual focus and aperture. The D70s is all camera controlled, there is no aperture ring on the lens! (the lens is digital, it "talks" to the camera body) So, I might have to find a course in learning how to use this camera.

In the mean time, I have been adding photo's to my Flickr account, even had to buy a Pro membership so I don't run out of upload space. Please go and enjoy my photos, I and I really like comments about them, so feel free to let m know what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home