Thursday, May 10, 2007

Click, click, BOOM

Sometimes you think to yourself, "golly, is that person ever stupid". Then there are times when there are times when you think "golly, is that person ever stupid, and not only are they gonna kill themselves, they will probably take me with them!"

This is what I found yesterday while putting some overpriced liquid into the tank of my car.

I was minding my own business, pumping my gas when a little Toyota Echo pulls up on the other side of the pump from me. I glance over and see an arm hanging out of the back window with a lit cigarette in her hand! I quickly mentioned that it was illegal to smoke near a gas pump and the asshat in the front seat got all testy and told me that there wasn't anyone smoking in his car. So, I pointed out the cigarette, but he still kept getting all stupid like telling me that there was nothing wrong with it. Then, he asked me if I was a smoker, which I told him no. He continues to point out that there is nothing wrong, even though right in front of him there is a sign saying no smoking. I tell him, fine, but if they want to smoke near gasoline fumes, do it elsewhere because I have seen fire start from gas fumes (was grinding on the farm, sparks lit a small bucket of fuel even though they were about five feet away). So, dummy opens his mouth again, proving his low level on the IQ scale, and tells me that guys he works with "smoke around chemicals like acetone all the time and nothing every happens to them". That is when I shook my head and left. Arguing with a meat-head like that just won't get you anywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home