Sunday, November 04, 2007

So close, yet so far...

Here I am, sitting in an empty apartment. Well, empty except dust bunnies, a mattress and a chair. I guess that this will be my life for the next couple of weeks or so until I leave for France.

Early this morning, I had a herd of friends show up to help haul my furniture over to the storage locker. It took about two hours to fill the truck up, then about an hour to empty it again. The locker is VERY full now, although I am sure that I could go up if I need to. Actually, I will need to, I still have a mattress and half my kitchen to put in there.

All said and done, I am glad that part is over. A little cleaning, a little more packing and I will be ready to haul out of here for good. It will be nice to know just when they are planning to ship me out, since I still don't know. I am still hoping that the visa will come through soon, so I can try and be out of here by maybe November 15th or so.

It is funny how, although I find it hard to leave everyone and everything behind, now that my stuff is all away I want to get out of here and get settled in France. Time to move. No fun living in an empty place, with barely a place to sit down.

I am thankful to my friends who all came out and helped me today. It is always nice to know there are people who I can depend on in my life. Hope they all know that they can depend on me too.

Need to go and get rid of some of the dust, before I sneeze all over my laptop. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home