Monday, July 30, 2007

On clouds of sunlight floating by

Just sitting her rocking out to the Dead Kennedy's and realized that I need to let the world know that I am finaly back to work on the floor! I get to play mechanic again, which after nearly 4 months of not being allowed to is a nice feeling. The day went fairly well, got a lot done but it was at a toll. I got home and collapsed in exhaustion. Wow, I knew that I would have a tough time with not being used to be on my feet and all the physical reality of my job, but I wasn't ready for the complete melt-down when I got home. Dang.

At least I had a nice two weeks off before today. First weekend was David and Bella's wedding, which was a blast other than that I got too much sun which gave me a nasty headache and sent me home a bit early.

The following weekend was at Whistler hanging out with Jacob and Nicole. I am not a big fan of Whistler, it is too full of tourists, but Crankworx was on that weekend and I watched some crazy people on mountain bikes trying not to get themselves killed doing biker-X in the pissing down rain. I also did a bit of light hiking and spent time visiting with Nicole and Jacob. It was a nice break.

Last weekend was helping Kira and Elizabeth moving. Kira moved from the mainland to Victoria to be roomie with Elizabeth. Friday was a freaking long day on little sleep, followed by a long day on Saturday as well. Sunday wasn't quite as bad, at least I got some sushi in my belly. =) I am very impressed with the basement suite that Elizabeth found, very nice area, big rooms, hot tub and cool landlords upstairs. It was also very nice to spend some time with both the girls, since I don't see them that much. Hell, I haven't seen Lise in years (more or less since she moved to the island for school) so it was a nice time. Maybe next time I will be able to play instead of work all weekend, let them get me into trouble with all of Elizabeth's naughty nursing student friends. =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home