Sunday, May 20, 2007

Long train running

So it has been what, almost two months since I tore the muscle in my leg? Ya, a few days shy of two months. Is it better? Ummm, nope. No where near.

Yes, I am sure that two weeks in NYC didn't do much for it, but still, I shouldn't be waking up in the morning in the amount of pain that I am experiencing. I am attending physiotherapy, and my friend Candace is doing all she can for me, but I don't see any progress yet.

A week ago Friday, I had an ultra-sound image done on the damaged muscle, kind of like what they do with pregnant ladies so that you can see what is going on. The technician showed it as a partial tear in the Gastrocnemious / Soleous. Umm, those are two different muscles there dude, which one? I still don't know. I have been calling the doctors office to see if the report has arrived yet, and it hasn't.

One of my fears is that I still might need surgery, even though it has been this long. The doctor would go in and try and reattach the muscle where it is torn. Then, I would be off work for a long time. Ugh. I am bored enough sitting at home. Video games are only exciting for so long. I have also read most of the books that I hadn't read before.

So I sit here, doing the gentle exercises that Candace has given me, while my body slowly gets out of shape. Man, I really want to go for a walk, go for a hike, climb a mountain or ride a bike. Hell, I would be happy climbing stairs!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home