Friday, May 25, 2007

You sass that hoopy frood, Douglas Adams?

Do you know where your towel is?

Today is Towel Day, in honour of the author and visionary Douglas Adams. I spent whatever time I did out of the cave that I have been stuck in, carrying with me a towel and a copy of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I had a few funny looks in stores, and was questioned by the staff at my favourite eatery. But, I carried my towel with pride, knowing that I know the answer to the question of the meaning of life, the universe and everything. =P

I went to see the doc yesterday. He told me that the report from the ultrasound imaging on my leg showed a 2cm tear in my gastrocnemious muscle, with a 5cm "bubble" of fluid around the tear. So, it was exactly what we thought it was. This was good news in the sense that my physiotherapist can now focus better on getting me well again. We were working in the right direction already, but it is good to back up hunches with fact. The doc also told me that I am off work for another two weeks, just to make sure that it does heal it self. Which leads me to the next paragraph...

I broke down.

I bought a PS2. And a plastic guitar with Guitar Hero 1 & 2. And Grand Tourismo 4. So now, aside from my reading, (been through many books this past two months) and my World of Warcraft, I now have something else to let the hours slip by before I get permission to do any amounts of walking.

Damn it! I want to go hiking!!!

Changing subject again, they are paving the road outside my apartment. Now, being a guy, I like big machines. I have resisted the urge to go out and sit and watch them work; mostly because I don't want to be breathing in the fumes from the asphalt. Most control the urge to resort back to childhood!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home