Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pack and sort, pack and sort

Technically, I am on holidays. Technically.

Not really though, since I am busy sorting out 5 years of junk, previous junk from the last place that I lived and then stuffing it into boxes and running said boxes off to the storage place.

I have already filled a corner of the storage place, and it hardly looks like I have made a dent in my place. After all, I have been cleaning out closets and the storage space that I have here.

I have also made two trips to the local charity shop, and it looks like I will need to make another one. That, and a bunch of garbage and some recycling.

Then there are the dust bunnies. I have been moving things that I don't normally move (book shelves for example) and have found some incredible amounts of dust. I had to beat one dust bunny with a large stick so that it wouldn't eat me before I could vacuum it up!


I am still waiting to hear from work about my visa, I have a feeling that it will be a few more weeks before I will be leaving. I am pretty sure that I will get a phone call and be on a plane a day or two later.

Good news though, my steamer trunk arrived, so now I have a nice solid box to ship stuff to France in. And I have discovered that my PS2 will work on 240v electricity! I will be playing Guitar Hero all year long!

So that is about the long and short of it, packing, waiting, breathing too much dust. I hope that I find out sooner than later when I get to go, I really don't like the idea of sleeping on an air mattress for three weeks. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home