Tuesday, May 20, 2008

If the sun don't shine

Crazy crazy weather!

Yesterday we had a storm that would give the Prairies a run for their money. Thunder, lightning, rain blowing sideways...very impressive!

I stood by the door to the deck watching the lightning strike down and the rain go sideways for a while, glad that I wasn't out in it. Finally, sat down to surf the web for it bit when the entire room light up with this intense blue-white light, a tremendous BOOM shattered my ears and the strange sensation of static crawled all over my body. Lightning had struck just outside my apartment! It scared the crap out of me since I am not used to having them strike so close.

I took a look around outside, hoping to see where it hit but I couldn't see any smoldering relics of past burning anywhere in sight. Not surprisingly, there were complaints at the front desk of Internet outages, electrical problems, etc.

Luckily, as is usual in Aix, the weather is now back to sunny and warm. Only 23C, which is still deathly cold for most French living here, but nice enough to have people in the pool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home