Saturday, February 02, 2008

All around me golden sunflakes settle on the ground

I think that I have fallen in love with the Sun again. It is out most days, and if we have a cloudy day, it is usually gone the next. It is still chilly, but only light jacket chilly most of the time. Well, for me anyway; the French are all wearing heavy coats, scarves, and mitts. Must be my Canadian blood keeping me warm. =)

I haven't been up to much lately, work has been slow most of the time, except a trip to Hyères to fix one of the planes so that we could get it home. We had changed a component on one of the engines, and it was bad from overhaul, which made it difficult for the propeller to go into reverse for braking. It is not needed, but when you don't expect it to fail, the trip down the runway becomes a bit less of a straight line.

I was going to go up to the mountain today (still might) and take some photos of the sunset. Originally I was going to go ride my bike up the mountain, but the wind is blowing really good, and it is a bit too chilly to be wearing shorts and no jacket on a bicycle. Also, Pedro asked to use the van to go help a friend move a new TV. It was a bit too big to fit in her car (50" screen, ya a bit to big!) and Pedro is a bit smitten by Chloe so he said he would help her.

I a thinking of taking a trip to Nimes tomorrow for a photo trip. Nimes is another ancient town that was built by the Roman Empire about 2AD. There is a famous old coliseum (that is still used for concerts!)and also a Roman Temple that has been used for many things, including once as a stable for horses! I am sure that it would be more beautiful in the spring, but now there will be less people there now. There is supposedly some beautiful fountains and of course the old architecture that is famous in these old Roman towns.

In a couple of weeks, I am hoping to take a quick trip to Denmark for a weekend to see Meggie, Hans and Camden. It is hard to sit here in Aix all the time, knowing that you are always on call. Being up in Denmark gives me just a little bit of freedom, which is good for the mind. I have also been asking when would be a good time to come home for a visit over the next few months. I was hoping in April, but it looks like Gus has that booked off. Might be end of March or maybe May.

Of course, there still needs to be a trip to Paris for a weekend. I might wait till April for that one so that the weather is a bit nice.


My arm is still sore, all this working without resting it is not helping. Even a weekend away from work doesn't help. Typing, writing, shaking hands (things that I need to do way too often) aggravate it a lot, and even with the brace that I bought and constant ice packs, I am not getting better. I am hoping that I can make it home and see my doctor for his opinion (I know what it will be already). Maybe he could prescribe me some anti-inflammatory to help with the pain for day to day activities.

We will have to wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home