Friday, December 14, 2007

French Sushi

So here is the low-down on French sushi.

First of all, it was surprisingly good. I was terrified that it would be dried up crap, but it actually tasted quite good. A couple of things weren't quite right, like the fact that it was actually a Korean restaurant, even though the menu was all Japanese names. (go figure) Next problem was the price, which I did expect but was rather surprised at. For a plate of about 13 pieces of fish (a variety of them), and 8 other assorted nigiri, and some rolls it came out to 39.50 Euros. Can we say "OUCH"!! That translates out to about $58 Canadian, for barely enough to satisfy my hunger. Good thing that I ate a bunch of pizza before I went! Finally, the worst part. Once again, cigarette smoke. I woke up this morning hacking and coughing, my clothing stinking. There were five of us there, and four of us didn't smoke. The one girl that did, was told that none of us smoked, but she lit up anyway. Add that to all the other people smoking and you have a nasty case of lung butter in the morning.

I have also sorted out Christmas a bit. I have to be on 48 hour notice in case something goes wrong, but I can run off for a bit. I talked with Leanne in Geneva today, and I am welcome at their place for the holidays. So now I just need to get a car, plane ticket or train ticket then I will be off! I was thinking that the plane will be the cheapest and easiest, train will be a bit more expensive but relaxing and the car will be pricey, but more flexible if I need to run home in a rush. I have also found a place that has a lot cheaper rentals, and I can get a BMW 3 series or equivalent Mercedes for about 400 Euros. Not a bad price for a week, compared to what I paid last time for a car for three days.

I guess I need to start worrying about Christmas presents for Leanne's kids now. =)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crazy. I have found that once you stray from all-u-can-eat, sushi prices in general get nutty (there's a joint handbilling by my office that is about 1.50 per roll). But that's asinine. I guess the further away you get from the source, the more expensive it gets.

Anyways, merry Xmas to ya, on the other side of the world, and be good 'til you get back.

-Andy

9:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home