Saturday, November 17, 2007

And the sea isn't green

I haven't had what you would call the best of days today. It was bad enough that I was going into work on a Saturday, but what I found in the parking garage added many a woe.

As I walked up to the car, I noticed that something about the way the light was reflecting off of the front fender didn't look correct. As I got closer, I kind of when "hmph" and went to get my camera. You see, there was a dent in my bumper, which wasn't there when I left my car the night before. The fender was a bit out of sorts as well, but since I was on my way to work, I took a few photos to show where the car had been sitting, and to show the damage done.

Once at work, I found out that the project that I had been asked to come in for was all done, and there wasn't much for me to do with it. I of course wanted to come home to deal with my car, but due to mis-communications (there really is way too much of that at work) the supervisor had me scheduled to work the whole day, and in fact he had me scheduled to be at work for 11.5 hours, today, tomorrow and Monday! So, I explained as to why I was in, and that I needed to deal with my car, and that I was never supposed to stay the entire day and he promptly sent me off across the other side of the airport to work over there.

This really wasn't too bad of an option, since it was a lot work than I had figured on, but while over there, I had a loonie eaten by the pop machine, and my tool box key fell out of my pocket and down a drain in the floor. I managed to get my key back, but lost the loonie.

So when I got home, I talked to the building manager, and I told her about the car and who I thought had done the damage. Turns out that my guess was right, a young fellow was driving his Mom's car, and backed into mine. He was really upset, and apologetic about the whole thing, but his Mom looked like she was gonna kick his butt this side of Tuesday!

Tomorrow I will need to go and find a repair shop to get my car fixed as soon as possible. I have found out a bit more about my visa, it seems that the French lawyer is trying to get the government to FedEx the documents to the consulate here in Vancouver before the end of the week. I really don't think that it will happen, but we are trying to be optimistic and have booked an appointment for Thursday to see if I can get it. If I do get it, that means that I will probably be leaving some time in the next three to five days after that. If I don't get it, then I might still be here in December. I really hope not since I won't have a place to live as of November thirtieth.

Now, I need to get ready to go to Jay's to rock out at Guitar Hero, and maybe karaoke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home