Friday, November 23, 2007

D-Day

Wednesday was a bit crazy, work called the French Consulate to see if the papers for my visa had arrived yet. They had, but they were the wrong ones. Shit. We fired off a haste filled email to our lawyers in Paris, asking them to get on the governments case to get the correct documents sent before my 10:30AM appointment Thursday at the Consulate.

Thursday morning, Judy from HR came in to make sure that things were going well, even though she was really sick. She got in and found an email waiting saying that the correct documents had been faxed, and that they "should" be there. We called the Consulate, just to make sure, but there was no one there. So, we took a gamble, and I headed out to Vancouver to see if luck would be on my side. I arrived with about 30 seconds to spare for my meeting, and luck was with me, they had received the documents about an hour and a half earlier. I now have my visa, and a bit weight has been lifted!

I called work, told them the good news, but had to run back to Abby to give them a scan of the visa so that they could get to work on the plane ticket for me. I just got an email from work stating that I will be leaving probably about 6:30PM Wednesday on a KLM flight to Amsterdam, then switching and heading down to Marseilles.

So, I will be here for a few more days, but am busy getting my apartment cleaned, and sorting my stuff to send over to France. So much still to do, and so little time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home