Saturday, December 08, 2007

Four star daydream

Here I sit, Saturday night. This is by choice, I am tired from a very long day yesterday, followed by going out with Martin and his girlfriend Audrey to dinner and a nice little Mexican place in Aix.

We spent yesterday taking one of the planes from passenger configuration, and putting it into cargo config. It was a long day, 12 hours of physical work.

Today, Martin and I headed into Aix for brunch at one of the patio cafes, followed by some camera shopping. I think that I will be upgrading to the Nikon D300 in the spring. Martin probably won't wait that long. =) Martin also showed me a few new shops that I didn't know about and we wandered around for a bit window shopping, and checking out all the cute French girls all out in the sunshine.

This evening, we went into work so that Martin could sign out one of the planes, and I could get my passport that I had left there by accident. (don't like leaving that laying around.) When we got to work, Martin opened the door, turn on the light and was freaked out by a rat running across the floor! So we started moving furniture around until we had him cornered in the water cooler, which we took outside and dismantled it. We had it just about fully apart when we managed to chase him out into the night some place. We are hoping he doesn't come back inside!

So we have had a fairly busy week here, with an engine change on Monday and Tuesday (19 hour day on Tuesday), and then the conversion yesterday. The good part is that I will be getting a fair bit of overtime, the bad part is that my arm is in a lot of pain. I think that I strained a ligament in my elbow before I flew over here, but now with all the heavy lifting, and wrench turning, I have really inflamed it a lot. It is so sore that typing this is getting too much, and even shaking hands is painful.

I am not sure what I am going to do, maybe send off an email to my favourite physiotherapist for some advice. I am hoping that things will be slow until the new year now and I will be able to give the arm a rest.

Still not sure what is going to happen for Christmas. The boss would love to give us all time off, but with the French and their lack of ability to plan more than 2 minutes ahead of themselves, our plans need to stay up in the air. I would really love to go to see Leanne and Alex and the kids over Christmas, or fly up to Wales to see Kristen, but until I know for sure, I think I am going to be stuck here.

Now you are all a bit up to date on my life. Hope all of your shopping is done, and party plans are going well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home