Saturday, December 29, 2007

Rode on the steel breeze

I'm sad.

I just gave back the Mercedes, and now I am driving a Clio. That's like going from eating caviar to eating rotten pig carcass. I guess that I have been spoilt.

I did have fun with it though, got to cruise a few places. Yesterday, I went to Chateauneuf-du-Pape, to see where all the fantastic wine comes from, and to check out the ruined castle. Unfortunately, I got there at lunch time and all the caves where closed, so it looks like I will have to go back to sample some of the better wines on the planet. Still, it was a nice drive in the Rhone Valley.

After that I went over to Fontaine de Vaucluse to see the famous spring that feeds the river Sprogue. I guess someone forgot to turn it on since deep down in the hole in the mountain, there was a little puddle; not the roaring torrent of water that I have heard about. Actually, it is the wrong time of year for the torrent of water, I need to visit in the spring when the mountain run off is flowing. The river was flowing, but since the water level was so low, it was coming out a little downstream from the pool in the hole in the mountain. One bonus though, when I stopped to buy a crépe from a pretty French girl, I got to hold her hands for a minute to warm them up. =)

No, I still had to pay for the crépe.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home