Tuesday, April 29, 2008

See inside there is nothing to hide

I think that I have gotten over most of the jetlag, although I have been waking up really early in the mornings. =)

So I arrived back in Vancouver on Sunday, pretty boring flight but it was nice to have a bunch of Canadians to talk with. Got in and was talking with a nice Dutch girl (was going to make sure that she got on th right bus for the ferry to Victoria) when I had my name paged on the PA. Funny I said to the cute Dutch girl (I can pronounce her name, but I probably couldn't spell it), my luggage hasn't arrived and I am guess that it won't be now. Sure enough, it was still in Amsterdam and would be arriving on the flight that came in Monday night. Oh well, not the end of the world.

So I made sure that the cute Dutch girl got on her bus, found my rental car and headed out to Marc's. By that time, I was really starting to feel tired since it was now coming up to 24 hours awake (or more, was too groggy to figure it out), and was looking forward to crashing someplace. I got to Marc's and found out that my room was still being painted. =) No rest for the wicked I guess.

So Monday I started running around doing some of the things that I was needing to do. I called up Marc and Al and went to meet them for lunch (SUSHI!) but they weren't ready yet so I walked down to the camera shop and bought a new camera.=D Picked myself up a Nikon D300 with a 18-200mm VR lens and an external battery pack/hand grip. Let's just say, it is VERY nice.

I also managed to get over to see my brother Mike, and to get some new jean's. I really surprised Mike since he was sort of turned and on the phone when I walked into his shop, so when he turned to hang up the phone there I was. It was very good to see him.

My luggage arrived last night fairly late, they delivered it directly to the house which was really nice of them. It was nice to have clean clothing and I was also happy to see that the wine bottles hadn't broken. I broke the seal on the Eau de Vie to celibrate, shame that Marc didn't like it. Hope Al does.

Today's plan includes getting the evil taxes done, finding my Snap-on dealer (almost as bad as a crack dealer, but probably more expensive), and maybe seeing some friends out at the hanger. Wednesday will be spending time with my brother Allen, and hopefully Mike and Ruedy too. Friday is sushi night, Saturday is Rum party, Sunday is gaming night. Next week, not sure what I am doing. Might go see Dad and Grandpa in Penticton, will have to see. I also might go see a Whitecaps game at Swangard if the weather isn't too bad.

I am pretty sure that these two weeks will go by super fast, but I plan on getting as much out of them as I can before heading back to Aix-en-Provence and work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home