Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Soaring high above the breezes

Ahh...holidays.

It was so nice to walk out of work today, knowing that I get a week and a half off for Christmas break. Do I feel guilty knowing that most of my co-workers are still working the rest of the week? No. =)

So I am off to see the parents and Grandpa in the morning, then back home on Thursday. It's only a three to four hour drive, so it won't be too bad. I am really looking forward to seeing Grandpa, he is getting on in his years and I really don't want to miss any opportunity to see him. I didn't get to see Grandma before she passed on, and I kinda feel guilty that I didn't make a better effort.

Andy is in town tonight, and I got together with a bunch of friends and him for a bite to eat in Vancouver tonight. Didn't recognize him at first as his Mom guilted him into chopping off his hair for his brothers wedding. I am hoping to get a chance to go skiing or something with him some time in the next week or so. This holiday season is gonna be busy!

Megan and Hans are also in town, and although I have seen them twice already, I would like to see them some more. I really miss Meg, so need to get my refill of her smiles and laughter before she goes home again.

So it looks like I am gonna be busy the next little while, which is good. Even gonna get to spend better part of Christmas Eve and Day with my brothers. Probably be eating, drinking and video games, but it is with my brothers and that is what counts.

Yup, it's gonna be fun!

Oh, and on a side note, I finally gave up on SETI@home, they have changed the processing software, and I didn't feel like running it any more. So, I managed to get around 6000 units processed in the five or so years that I ran it. It will be nice to have that little bit of CPU back again for other things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home