Sunday, April 02, 2006

Streaming through the starlit skies

Looks like my career might be taking a turn for the good.

I start on an endorsement course tomorrow for the DASH-8 Q400, which in turn will lead me to France to work on a pair of the aircraft that we converted into fire tankers.

This is a good thing.

The experience of running a line job will be amazing. Being in a hanger for seven years, being a parts changer isn't what being an AME is about. You never get good at troubleshooting systems, or get a chance to actually learn the nuances of one particular aircraft. I am rather excited by this.

So, I have started planning what I am going to need over there, tools as well as things like a laptop to be able to keep in communication with friends and family, and to keep this blog a little more full. I also just purchased a new GPS, since my old one was stolen from me. I think I might get an iPod too, so that I can keep my sanity. The joys of spending money!

I had another strange thing happen today, I got on a serious cleaning kick. Maybe it is the nice weather that made me want to throw open the windows and let some fresh air in, (although right now, there is a terrible stink from my stupid neighbour smoking outside...go pollute your own air not mine) or maybe it was the dust bunnies gnawing at my ankles. Who knows, but the place is a bit neater now. I still have a lot of work to do to get the point of being "Bonnie safe" but it is a bit closer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home