Sunday, January 08, 2006

Perhaps you'd care to state exactly how you feel

Well I did it again. Hair cuts can be so boring at times.

I gave myself another Mohawk (the irony of the name is that it was the Iroquoi that wore their hair this way, not the Mohawk's). Bonnie help me bleach it last night, so now it is almost completely white. As soon as my current batch of photos is finished uploading, I will take some pix of it and put them on Flickr.

It's funny how people judge you by a haircut. I went for breakfast today at my favourite restaurant, and got a chuckle at the number of uptight, overly religious and arrogant people that openly gawked at me, instantly judging me because I looked different. Probably thought that I am some nasty, evil criminal just because of my haircut. I could see the red-necks in their trucker hats, quickly looking away when I made eye contact. And I was even dressed nicely, a nice collared shirt, and clean Levis.

If only they were to make an effort to say hi to me and maybe get to know me before making judgments. I was even gawked at by two local police officers on bicycles that I passed and said good day to.

Maybe by walking around this uptight town, looking a bit different I might get people to realize that there is nothing wrong with being different. Maybe I should dig out my kilt, a pair of Doc Martins and then go and walk around town. Would probably get beat up by some redneck white trash moron with no brain in his head, but I would enjoy the look of fear in their eyes.

This town needs an enema.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home