Monday, June 12, 2006

Feel the warm thrill of confusion

Well, I was supposed to be flying today...obviously I am not.

I went to work to chat with the powers that be, and find out what is going on. Seems that HR thinks that I should have my visa by the 22nd at the earliest. So, the plan is to send me off to France on June 20th. This won't be too bad, I will be able to get my tools all organized and shipped, my rent payed up, some of my stuff organized, buy some new sandal's and maybe some new socks, and then jump on a plane and run off to Europe.

So, the new date is June 20th, so if you wanna see me before I go, there is the deadline.

I also spent the weekend trying to keep Marc's car running. With all the mods that he did to the engine, it wants to run hot all the time. We changed the oil cooler, took some cardboard and duct tape and made some ducting for the air to get to the rad and oil cooler, and we richened the air/fuel mix, but it was still running too hot. In the end, he made half the race (his best showing so far) before the apex seals on the rotors packed it in. Guess that he will be pulling the engine apart again.

We also were a bit lucky with our race, we had an incredible thunderstorm hit us shortly afterwards. It was the first time that I have seen a race stopped because of the weather. Actually, most of the cars had already stopped running because the track filled up with standing water very quickly.

So, although I am still tired from being so busy, and from a bit too much sun before the rain came, it was a fun weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home